Elyse Arbour, with Rodeo Realty, believes strongly that a properly detailed and executed plan achieves the best results for you. The following is an overview of the home buying process which she will guide you through, including what we do to find you your ideal home and complete a successful transaction.
- What are your objectives?
- What is your motivation to buy?
- What price range are you considering?
- What is your timeline to move?
- What are your ideal features and "non-negotiables"?
- What are you looking for in a neighborhood?
Planning and Preparation:
- Discuss objectives and home buying process
- Select a lender and begin loan approval process
- Obtain a loan approval letter
- Research neighborhoods of interest with Elyse
Understanding the Market:
- Analysis of active, pending, and sold transactions
- Review contracts and timelines
- Timing/seasonal considerations
- Market forces: supply v. demand, macro v. micro
- The numbers: trends and metrics
Finding Your Home:
- Browse and review online listings
- Timely updates from Elyse
- Notification of new and off-market properties
- Attend open houses and property tours with Elyse
- Select your ideal location and home
Offers and Negotiation Strategies:
- Learn about the purchase contract from Elyse
- Multiple offer strategies (as needed)
- Offer presentation and highlighting buyer strengths
- Negotiate to optimize price and terms
- Acceptance of offer/counter offers
- Notify escrow of acceptance and send fully executed contract
- Wire initial deposit to escrow per terms of agreement
- Notify lender to begin loan process and order appraisal
- Sign and return opening package of escrow instructions
- Contact insurance agent regarding homeowner coverage
- Provide escrow with vesting (title) information
Inspections and Disclosures:
- Schedule all desired home inspections, including termite report
- Review all disclosures and reports
- Approve or negotiate repairs based on inspection reports
- Review and approve all seller and state required disclosures
- Review and approve preliminary title report
- Meet deadlines and remove contractual contingencies
- Schedule final walk-through prior to close of escrow
- Review closing statement from escrow
- Meet with escrow to sign loan documents
- Arrange to wire down payment and closing costs
- Transfer utilities to new location
- Closing, key delivery and celebration
- Move in to the property
Working Together Again:
- Staying in touch and keeping you informed
- Second homes and investment properties
- Providing resources and introductions
- Referrals, testimonials and reviews